PRAISE FOR THE ‘GANDHI’S OUTSTANDING LEADERSHIP’ BOOK
‘Gandhi’s Outstanding Leadership’ was published in March 2006 jointly by Sarvodaya International Trust and Bharatiya Vidya Bhavan’s Gandhi Centre for of Science and Human Values. It presents Gandhi’s transformation from a timid youth and lawyer to a fearless leader, the spiritual and other inputs and components of his leadership and its impact on freedom fighters, Nobel laureates, spiritual activists, environmentalists, music composers and academic disciplines. It was released at Bangalore by Karnataka Governor T.N. Chaturvedi on 6 March 6. 2006, at New Delhi by former Prime Minister I. K. Gujral on 21 March 21, 2006 and at the UN Library in New York by Under Secretary General Shashi Tharoor, on December 12, 2006.
In the 14 years thereafter, this book has been published in the 12 Indian &and 23 foreign languages listed hereunder :
English, Hindi, Kannada, Kashmiri, Konkani, Malayalam, Marathi, Oriya, Rajasthani, Tamil, Telugu, Urdu
Arabic, Czech, Dutch, Farsi, French, German, Greek, Hungarian, Korean, Indonesian, Italian, Japanese, Mandarin, Myanmarese, Nepali, Polish,
Portuguese, Romanian, Russian, Serbian, Spanish, Swedish and Turkish..
Former Soviet President Mikhail Gorbachev has written the Foreword for 12 of its foreign language editions. Besides, many of these editions have been released at prestigious venues: The Czech edition at Parliament House in Prague, Dutch edition at Leiden University in Amsterdam; French edition at UN Library in Geneva, German edition at Humboldt Humboldt & Heidelberg Universities; Greek edition at National Library of Cyprus, Italian edition at Pontifical Gregorian University in the Vatican at Rome, Swedish edition at Uppsala University, Romanian edition at the National Library of Romania and Russian edition at Institute of Philosophy of Russian Academy of Sciences.
Notable in the considerable praise this book has received are the following :
“I particularly liked the chapter ‘Gandhi as the Ideal Leadership Model.”A.P.J. Abdul Kalam, President of India.
“My deepest thanks and appreciation for your wonderful gift of ‘Gandhi’s Outstanding Leadership.” :Barack Obama, President of United States of America
“Alan Nazareth has chosen an important aspect of Gandhi’s personality to focus on. In his book he presents the Mahatma as an outstanding modern leader, who greatly influenced other leaders during his lifetime and has continued to do so after his death”Mikhail Gorbahev, Former President of the Soviet Union.
“I have found several passages most relevant to the present political situation in my country.”Corazon Aquino, Former President of the Philippines.
“Alan Nazareth has a genius for setting Gandhi in his widest possible setting and making him into a contemporary figure.”Antony Copley, Author of ‘Mahatma Gandhi’ & ‘Gandhi Against the Tide’ books
“The book is a marvelously instructive contribution to understanding the principles, practices and significance of Gandhi’s leadership for India and the World – past, present and future. It is enhanced by art, photographs and apt quotations from Gandhi and others that give power to its interpretations.”Glenn Paige, Director, Centre for Global Violence, Honolulu
‘The conceptualizing of the subject, treatment of the matter, enrichment with examples, facts and documentation, representative pictures, printing and get up are exemplary. The book is really outstanding.”N. Kasturi, President, Gandhi Literature Society, Bangalore
This book is available in India at leading book stores, Flipkart and Amazon.in and worldwide on Amazon.com
Photographs of the releases of its first English edition at New Delhi on March 21, 2006 and of its 12 foriegn language editions thereafter, are appended hereunder :
- Photo of the release of the first GOL English edition at Gandhi Smriti , New Delhi on March 21, 2006.
2. Photo of the release of the GOL Portuguese edition at National Library of Brazil, Brasilia on April 27, 2012.
3. Photo of the release of the GOL Chinese edition at India International Centre, New Delhi on March 8, 2013.
4. Former Ambassdor Nazareth in Peking University.
5. Release of the Russian Edition at the Institute of Philosophy of Russian Academy of Sciences in Moscow.
6. Release of the GOl Italian Edition at the Pontifical Gregorian University at the Vatican in Rome.
7. Release of the GOl Dutch Edition at the Leiden University.
9. Release of the GOL Farsi at Tehran.
11. Release of the GOl Greek Edition at the National Library of Cyprus.
13. Release of the GOL Japanese edition at Tokyo.
8. Release of the GOL German edition in Heidelberg University.
10. Release of the GOL Nepali edition at Khatmandu.
12. Release of the GOL French edition at the UN Library at Geneva.
Newsreports about its various editions
Additional News Report’s About ‘Gandhi’s Outstanding Leadership’ Book
- Consumerist China turns to Gandhian Thoughts.-Click Here To View
- Once cagey about Gandhi, China releases a book on him.-Click Here To View
- Gandhi’s teachings taught from pre-school onwards in China –Click Here To View(1) Click Here To View(2)
- Gandhian Values Resonate in Brazil.-Click Here To View
- Gandhian Principles Available in Mandarin Now-Click Here To View
- Gandhi goes to China and Mao has Competition-Click Here To View(1) Click Here To View(2) Click Here To View(3)
- Gandhigiri in Maoland-Click Here To View
- Gandhi For China-Click Here To View(1) Click Here To View(2) Click Here To View(3)
Those interested in buying any of the above mentioned Indian or foreign language editions of ‘Gandhi’s Outstanding Leadership’ may please fax or email the SIT Managing Trustee whose fax number email id are as under :
Mr. P. A. Nazareth
Sarvodaya International Trust,
2 Ware Road, Bangalore 560 005, India
Tel/Fax : 91 -80-4125 -3517
email : email@example.com